Leading veterinary charity, PDSA, is urging pet owners to do a ‘pet safety audit’ of their homes this Christmas to identify and remove any dangers, so the whole family - including the four-legged members - can enjoy the festive season safely.
During the hustle and bustle of Christmas, with extra visitors, music and drinks, there may be ‘pet hazards’ lurking around every corner! And its owner’s responsibility to make sure their pets are kept safe.
Swallowing even small amounts of many common household products can be harmful or even fatal to pets. Pets can also be poisoned if they lick their fur or paws after they’ve come into contact with a dangerous substance.
Detergents, disinfectants, cleaning products, bleach, ammonia, turpentine and white spirit are all hazardous and should be kept in a secure cupboard well away from curious pets.
Most pet owners don’t realise that de-icer, anti-freeze and screen wash are extremely poisonous [...]
Enter your email address below and never miss out on the latest, most important dog news: