Investigation in to Potentially Fatal Pet Products Raises Concern

“Do I want to risk my own cats to that? No!” ~ A leading Los Angeles vet in answer to whether he’d be prepared to use some approved pet medicines on any of his six cats.

For many of us, pets are like members of the family. Which is why we’d be utterly devastated if our dog, cat or other much loved pet were to suddenly collapse and die after being treated with approved pet product.

Flea, tick and other parasite treatments have come under scrutiny in a US-based investigation (in to US-sold pet products) and the findings are alarming.

Heidi Woehler of Santa Clarita, bought Bio Spot Flea and Tick Shampoo for her two cats, Hummer and Samson:

“I read the directions and I followed them thoroughly,” says Woehler.

But within minutes of applying the shampoo, she says both cats began having seizures, especially Hummer.

“He’s shaking, he can’t breathe, said Woehler, recalling the incident. An emergency room veterinarian saved Samson. Hummer didn’t make it. Woehler says, “He died a horrible, violent, fast death.”

READ THE FULL INVESTIGATION HERE

Source: DogMagazine.net – the K9 Magazine blog

Investigation in to Potentially Fatal Pet Products Raises Concern

Your Dog’s REAL Age Isn’t What You Think It Is

If you’d like to find out how old your dog really is in human years (and why it’s important): Click here to learn more »