Deadly Lungworm Infections Spreading to Dogs

It is being reported in the British media that the spread of deadly lungworm infections is spreading from urban foxes to dogs.

The Daily Mail reports:

Dogs are at increasing risk from a deadly parasite spread by urban foxes, experts say.

Cases of lungworm infection –an animal disease that causes breathing problems and internal bleeding – have doubled in recent years.

The disease arrived in the UK 30 years ago and is carried by foxes, slugs and snails.

The lungworm parasite, angiostrongylus vasorum, is carried in fox faeces.

Dogs pick up the disease if they swallow the pests or contaminated dirt.

Symptoms include breathing problems, nose bleeds and vomiting. The worm does not affect humans.

Read more:

Your Dog’s REAL Age Isn’t What You Think It Is

If you’d like to find out how old your dog really is in human years (and why it’s important): Click here to learn more »